5.08.2010

Spring Scarves

If you're anything like me, you're probably wondering where the hell summer went. If you're a little bit more like me, you probably stashed away your winter coat in dust-proof polythene (ok, so I inherited the neat freak gene) weeks ago and pulled spring top after summer shorts out of the deepest darkest corners of your drawers, erasing that last remaining trace of bedroom carpet. Oh, and if you've worn strappy flats at least once this season and started to consider what factor suncream to buy this year, you're so like me it's scary. After all of this sun-induced frenzy, I was more than a little peeved to hear on the radio this morning that it would be 9 degrees today. 9 DEGREES!!! I started to feel just a bit premature in my optimism. It looks like we've got this see-saw weather to contend with for a while yet - as the folks would say, in that wise old matriarch manner, 'Ne'er cast a clout till May is out!' In light of this sage proverb, an article in this month's GLAMOUR magazine, entitled 'Instant Style DO, a Summer Scarf' seems particularly relevant. Want to wear that sundress but worried about neck chill? Throw on a scarf! Fancy shrugging off that jacket? Go on, layer up in a scarf! Getting the message? I adore my scarf collection, and the absolute best high street store to pick up light, shimmery scarves that still keep in warmth but don't look like you're off on an arctic expedition, and come in all of the season's hot prints and shades, is OASIS. Make like Miranda Kerr, Jessica Alba and Rosie Huntington-Whitely, and choose one of their on-trend scarves to pull together your spring outfits and fight of the British Brrr factor. The one I can't live without is this cream Deco Jacquard Scarf, £20. The muted yet warm shade goes with anything, but especially this season's nudes, it won't clash with anything, and the subtle metallic threads add extra luxe. Who needs summer anyway?

Lou x

1 comment:

  1. I wear scarves in the spring and summer too, there are so many lovely ones to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers