5.24.2010

Naughty but Nice Nails

When I was younger, I just could not stop biting my nails. I used to turn up at school with plasters on different fingers because they'd got so sore! Yet funnily, without really noticing it, I stopped that terrible habit a couple of years ago and have since become proud of my neatly shaped talons (still not too long though or I accidentally scratch myself!). So, just like when I got my ears pierced at the late age of 14 and became addicted to earrings, I now LOVE nail varnish in all colours, patterns and effects. My nail-knawing history means it took me a while to learn how to apply it properly. I started with REVLON, in my opinion the absolute best medium priced nail varnish range, in PINK NUDE, a sheer colour that has a slight tint and is impossible to get wrong, needing only one coat. However, my NAILS INC professional manicure (see previous post) got me all excited about colour, so I grabbed REVLON'S new season pastel shades - LILAC PASTELLE (milky pink) & MINTED (pale green) - and started practicing my technique. I've finally got to be a dab hand at it, with one thin coat followed by a second thicker coat being my technique of choice. So when TOPSHOP launched their make-up range a few weeks ago and I spotted a 'PARMA VIOLET' varnish, I decided to branch out and try a new brand - SO glad I did, it's just as good as REVLON and the range is packed with more on trend hues such as greys and taupes. Now as much as I love a straight forward at home manicure using one shade only, sometimes you might want something that extra bit special. Celebs such as Katy Perry and Rihanna are among the many seen sporting MINX NAILS, 'a solid nail coating with an adhesive backing that is heat activated and sealed using an infra-red lamp' (check out Katy's leopard and floral designs below). You can get this amazing service at 28 NAILS INC stores, but if you're after something about more down to earth but with a twist, try one of NAIL INC's own 13 Nail Art designs. Just launched, they start from just £7 on top of the normal manicure price. My fave is the nautical stripe design, perfect for summer holidays!

Lou x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers