7.08.2010

LOOK 12th July - Autumn Trends

Recently, I've been getting a bit fed up with fashion mags for all those features about bikinis and beach wear. Seeing as I'm not really going away anywhere this summer, and have more than enough summer clothes to last me through the season, the vast number of these articles was starting to annoy me. So I was more than delighted to see that LOOK magazine has now turned its focus to Autumn and the new trends that will soon be hitting the high street. I would much rather start buying key pieces for next season early than waste my money on more crop tops and shorts that I'll never get around to wearing! So what's in store (get it? Never mind...) for the fashion world this autumn? Here's a rundown of the key trends you won't be able to get out of:

  • 50's - Thank god for this fashion revival. All summer I've been looking for skirts that actually cover my knees (which I loathe), failing every time. So to find out that for autumn, 50s style mid-length full skirts will be very much in is fab news. Team with corset tops to whittle down your waist and channel elegant sexiness.
  • Leather Shorts - Apparently still big news. I personally haven't invested in this trend yet, but if I'll be able to wear them over tights, I might change my mind. ASOS have a great pair with delicate cut-out detailing, £55 (Click here)
  • The New Boots - Buckles, heels, black, creamy sheeskin lining = THE autumn boot of choice. I'll be grabbing the New Look version, £45.
  • Winter Warmers - Fantastically, my faux fur waistcoat from Monsoon (a gorgeously snug sale bargain) is still on trend this year, with Fair Isle knits, Uggs (yay!) and checked lumberjack shirts all on the radar.
  • Ladylike Boxy Bags - Grab an envelope-like structured bag with a short handle to follow this accessory trend. Very Blair Waldorf!
  • Skirt Shapes - A-line for ultimate flattering, Kilt for funky workwear, Tulip Wrap for curve creation and Mid-length for curvy girls. One for everyone!
  • Autumn Maxis - Ditch jersey fabrics and stock up on chiffon, floral or otherwise. The maxi is here to stay.
  • Flying Jackets - Deinitely a 'trend' piece, don't spend too much as I suspect it won't be hot for too long. New Look's £25 tan and sheepskin jacket is perfect.
  • Capes - The snug, lazy cover-up of choice, don't choose anything too heavy or you'll be weighed down. Something light yet enveloping is spot on.
  • Braces - One for the brave. Find trousers and shorts witth built-in braces for top style points. Think Alexa Chung in Philip Lim.
I'm really excited about this Autumn's trends. There's a great mix, something for all shipes and sizes, whether you like casual chic or glamour. Grab key pieces now, hunt out anything in the sale that fits in with future trends, and stop buying bikinis!

*** Coming Soon - New Season Beauty ***

Lou x





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers