7.01.2010

TOPSHOP Make Up - Bitesize Beauty Treats with Surprising Results

Anyone who claims to be a fashion lover is more likely than not a Topshop lover. The two concepts are basically the same thing. If one clothing shop can be said to dominate the high street and steal the majority of the teens to twenties market, it's Topshop. So any attempt on their behalf to branch out into a new area, especially one so complementary to fashion as cosmetics, was bound to be a success. But what surprised me, a loud and proud Topshop addict, is that whilst I knew their new beauty range would draw huge sales, I didn't expect to find pieces of a quality comparable to much more expensive products. 

My first buy from this expansive new range (with funky yet simple packaging and super reasonable prices) was a couple of nail varnishes at £5 each. For a new line, the variety of shades was impressive, not afraid to follow trends which go against accepted nail colours. Steering clear for the time being of the bright yellows and greens, I opted for parma violet and a mushroomy greige shade to rival Chanel. As I think I've posted before, both gave surprisingly professional results and were extremely easy for even a novice polisher like me to apply, in two coats. Check out my attempts at this limited edition grey-blue shade - not bad if I do say so myself!

So, a DIY manicure convert, I next purchased their Kohl in Petrol, a deep blue, for £4. In the past I've fought with numerous eye-liners that wouldn't behave as I wanted to (yes, I know a bad workman blames her tools!), but this one glides on effortlessly, even across the top lashes where I struggle most. The colour too was spot on, on-trend blue but not vibrantly so. Another winner.

My next pick was an Eyeshadow Duo in Rocky Road, a creamy shade alongside a chocolaty brown, at £6. Although not too impressed with the insipidness of the cream, the brown is lovely and rich, and the two do complement each other perfectly. Maybe better for nights out due to a hint of sparkle.

So, before heading for the nearest designer counter for your next beauty fix, check out Topshop. Don't let the low prices fool you, some of these products are top quality, and the fashion led hues are unrivalled. Can they do no wrong?!?

Click here

Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers