6.27.2010

The dress to outshine all dresses

Well, following that dismal performance by the England football team, I would like to turn your attention to a topic that never disappoints; fashion - to be more precise, party dresses. Even though I rarely go out out anywhere really special, I was completely unable to restrain myself when I saw this gorgeous dress on Friday, and had whipped my bank card out of my purse before the thrifty part of my brain could  react. I was in Miss Selfridge, browsing the sale rails (an absolute nightmare, especially if you've had an operation on your toe like I have and need to hop around vigilantly to avoid having it trodden on), when a vision of gold, sequins and bead droplets caught the corner of my weary eye. Drawn to it, I discovered a stunning party dress, a beautiful gold fabric with silver and pink sequin and bead detailing, 'The sheer detail to the top and bow to the back add[ing] interest to th[is] beautiful nude droplet dress.' Despite the £85 price tag (thank god for NUS Student Discount) and the lack of any posh event in the forseeable future, I just had to have it. So now I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go. Invitations on a postcard please...

Lou xxx

Check out http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20555&storeId=12554&categoryId=63751&parent_category_rn=63749&productId=1796494&langId=-1 for more info (ignore the Limited Edition bit, I bought it from my local store).

4 comments:

  1. Wow great purchase this dress is gorgeous and I am sure you will have the right occasion to wear it soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous dress, the embellishment is beautiful, loved your post on the maxi dresses!
    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers