6.21.2010

End of 2nd Year & Sale Frenzy!

It's that perfect time of year again: 2nd year of Uni is over (I got a 1st!!!), Wimbledon has just started (Sadly, I didn't get tickets this year, but Queens Club was AMAZING and I still get to drool over a certain player on TV!), and the weather is all of a sudden beautiful again. One thing that's not so beautiful though is my bank balance. When you're out having fun in term time, shopping in FCUK like there's no tommorow, signing up for expensive sports clubs in the hope that you might bother to turn up once or twice, and paying for plush trips to the capital (i.e. tennis), that student loan that seemed so huge at the start of the year suddenly turns to pennies. So, in order to feed my shopper's addiction, it's extremely fortunate that mid summer sales are just beginning in most high street stores, with bargains galore to be had by the thrifty. Whilst writing this, I've just placed a cute black button-up skirt into my Miss Selfridge shopping basket, and am browsing a 50% off bonanza at All Saints. French Connection too has a wide range of cut price pieces, with Dorothy Perkins not far behind. Oh, and don't forget Department Stores such as Debenhams, whose lingerie ranges are often unrivalled. Lesson of the day: Don't let financial strain curb your shopping habits, just look that extra bit harder for great buys. Fingers at the ready!

Lou x

p.s Please excuse the shameless pic of my fave tennis player, my only justification is a very cool t-shirt...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers