9.18.2010

The LOOK Show @ London Fashion Week!

Well, I am absolutely exhausted. Yesterday was The LOOK Magazine Show at the Saatchi Gallery in London, showcasing looks from 11 High Street retailers and the only show at London Fashion Week open to the public. I went with my mum and we had an amazing day, mingling with other fashionistas and watching an super professional show, full of delectable fashion pieces, before being wowed by Diana Vickers demonstrating her stunning vocals.

First thing's first, here's what I eventually, after much umming and ahhing, decided to wear:

* Topshop Fleece Collar PU Biker Jacket, £58 - a casual yet totally on trend cover-up that kept me warm without being heavy. I spotted loads of other guests wearing aviator jackets.

* Topshop Camel and Cream Striped Vest - again, quite casual yet the camel tones are so in, and by tucking it into my trousers I got a more streamlined silhouette.

* New Look Twill Chino Trouser, £21.99, in Mink - trousers , as opposed to the jeans-mania that used to reign supreme, are very now, and the peg leg cut is especially on trend. The fabric is so soft and the colour ties in with my vest.

* I wore Faith cone court heels in black, which I needed to balance out the tight trouser legs.


* I wish I'd added a necklace now for extra oomph, as everyone was so dressed up! I think this Accessorize Elizabeth Pearl Flower Statement Necklace, £20 would have looked amazing!


The LOOK Show:

The show itself featured around 7/8 looks each from 11 different High Street retailers - Dorothy Perkins, Marks and Spencer (told you they were hot now!), Oasis, Warehouse, Next (a surprise!), Mango, New Look, River Island, French Connection, HandM, and Monsoon.

The stunning Crystal Renn opened the show, proving that plus sized models look just as fabulous on the catwalk. She's a real inspiration for rejecting extreme dieting in favour of a healthy figure.

Also showcased was the Look Shoe, a high heeled party shoe designed by Look for Office, modelled stylishly by the Lady Grey's dance troupe. Available in bronze, red, and black suede, grab a pair sharpish if you think you can handle the heel height!



* Unfortunately, I wasn't in the best seat for photo taking, so here are my first two best picks from the selections showcased, followed by some of my blurred photography! Look out for the next 9 retailers in my next posts. Click on the links to head straight to the retailer's item page:


DOROTHY PERKINS:

* The layering of the beaded chiffon and the shorter fluffy knit looks so chic, and the blush and cream tones really complement each other. Definitely 21stC romance. Black opaques make any hem length respectable, and despite a personal aversion to clogs, I have to admit this pair add a certain edge!

Jumper - Dress (in store only)- Boots 


FRENCH CONNECTION:

This look utterly encapsulates masculine tailoring with a feminine touch. The silky shirt is so versatile and the trousers introduce velvet in a neutral way. Loving the midnight blue hue. Perfect! However, it would take more fashion guts than I possess to wear that hat on the streets of Nottingham!


Hat, Trousers & Shoes (In Store Only) - Shirt

My Pics:





* Apparently, there were loads of celebs there on the front row, such as Danielle Linekar, Martine McCutcheon, Callum Best, Shane Ward and Joe McElderry, but we only spotted Ali Bastian, looking casual yet stylish on a black & white stripped top, and Zaraah Abrams (aka Corrie, Waterloo Road, Dancing On Ice) rocking red lippie.

Finally, here's my best snap of Diana Vickers, working a vintage style Tata Naka dress that I would have killed for!

Thanks LOOK!

More to follow soon...

Lou x

1 comment:

  1. Love this :)
    AND love Tata Naka since I saw her on the LOOK website wearing this the other day.
    Going to do a post on this dress if you dont mind, will mention you if you wish :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers