9.29.2010

New Term, New Wardrobe - My Recent Fashion Buys

So the new term's just begun (3rd year = panic!), which can only mean one thing - time for a whole new wardrobe. I tried to get all of my key autumn / winter pieces, like my aviator jacket, in the last few weeks of the holidays, but since my loan came through last week I've gone a bit splurge crazy! It's also my birthday on Sunday so I'm hoping for a nice wad of cash to fritter away. Here are the best picks out of my most recent purchases. Let me know what you think!

Topshop:

Red is literally red hot this season, and I'm trying to buy one of each of the key clothing items in this sexy hue. I've got my dress and tee from H&M (see earlier post), but I wanted some knitwear too. I chose this Knitted Pointelle Stitch Top, £35, as it hangs casually to counteract the vividness of the colour. Perfect with jeans and my patent red M&S skinny belt.

Knitted Pointelle Stitch Top

French Connection:

I'm always desperate to keep my neck warm in winter as it seems to 'keep the heat in' as my mum would say. I've been wanting a snood for while but wasn't too sure about not being able to wind it tight. One wear of this FCUK Chunky Snood, £18, in cream (the pic is a black & cream mix), and I'm hooked. The waffle knit texture is extra snuggly and it's easy to just throw on and go. Perfect!

chunky snood


Miss Selfridge:

Being what my mum calls 'nesh' (yes, she has a saying for every occassion), in other words like someone from the Carribean being plonked down in an arctic blizzard in a bikini, I wanted to get my winter coat selection just right. I needed the perfect balance of snug and warm, plus stylish. So I though camel was the best shade, and a fur addition would round it off nicely. That's why I plumped for this Miss Selfridge Stone Fur Hood Duffle Jacket, £55. It's casual enough for the demands of student life, yet packed to the brim with a/w style details. Can't wait to wear!

Stone Fur Hood Duffle Jacket


Also from Miss Selfridge, I found the answer to my leather / suede shorts dilemma. I didn't want to pay a fortune for a leather skirt, but wanted to buy into the textured trend, so these Tan Suedette Shorts were a must grab. The caramel, super soft fabric and flattering paper bag waist are gorgeous, and will really stand out against black tights and creamy knits. Not bad at £32 with 20% NUS Student Discount!

Tan Suedette Short

So, that's the creme de la creme of my latest purchases (though unfortunately for my bank balance, nowhere near half the true amount!) Stay tuned for more of the high street's hottest.

Lou x

1 comment:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers