9.21.2010

The LOOK Show Part 2

Sorry for the delay! I've been busy with Uni starting...oh, and spending the vouchers that came in my LOOK Show goody bag! Will post my bargain buys another time. I'm also using the bag itself, designed by Sarah Berman, as my Uni book bag in an attempt to make everyone jealous!

So here are the next two best outfits from the show, one from each retailer. Check out LOOK's feature on their website for the other outfits - they're all fab!

Marks & Spencer:


* I chose this outfit mainly because I rushed out to buy the blouse yesterday! It totally confirms what I've been constantly preaching about how M&S, especially their Limited Collection range and their footwear emporium, are now bang on trend and will provide you with stunning items that your mates aren't likely to have even considered (maybe they will now though, thanks to LOOK!)

* You can't beat dark indigo denim for a flattering silhouette, and the a-line cut of this skirt skims hips whilst meeting the current longer hem length trend.

* The blouse (now my blouse!) has a gorgeous autumn-appropriate smudgy print in muted colours, whilst a see through finish makes it sleeker. It fits into the ladylike trend that's usually the domain of 50s style pieces. Pairing it with the heavy fabric of the skirt is genious.

* Faux fur is massive this season. I'm proud to say I got ahead of the trend last year with my Monsoon 'Sienna' version (see earlier post), but would definitely be snapping up this version otherwise. An alternative to a jacket before coats are called for, this adds another texture into the mix and allows a good glimpse of whatever's worn underneath.

* If I was a heels lover, the purple hue on this pair, combined with the sexy secretary laces, would certainly prise open my purse.

Oasis:


* A simple yet utterly stylish outfit. Red is so hot this season, I've filled my wardrobe with scarlet pieces - but I could always find room for this dress! The all over hue is fiery, yet completely tamed and feminised by the fluted sleeves and princess collar. 60's lady with a 2010 twist.

* Again, clog boots wouldn't be my choice, but LOOK have again paired a super feminine outfit with them for a tougher, modern woman edge - very successfully. I'll have to find a shoe alternative that creates the same effect!

Stay tuned for a couple more outfits a day. Please comment and follow if you like what I do!

Lou x

2 comments:

  1. Oh love the Oasis look and I am a fan of cloots and these ones are perfection have fun spending your voucher xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog & became a follower :)

    Must have been a cool show to see in person!
    Love these looks, especailly the feminine blouse paired with the faux fur.

    Loved your write up, it was a pleasure to read!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers