3.28.2010

Foundation Frustration!!!

Foundation. At the risk of stating the obvious (my specialty), it's the foundation, ie. cornerstone, of your make-up. Get it right and your colours glide on beautifully and stay put all day. Get it wrong and you may hear the words 'trowel' and 'cake' muttered alongside your name on a regular basis. I personally thought I was doing all right. I'd found a foundation that was easy to apply with fingers, fragrance free for my sensitive skin, portable for retouching, and a perfect porcelain shade to match my pale (ok, pasty) complexion. This was Max Factor's Miracle Touch Foundation, priced at £11.99 at Boots. I had noticed that it took a while to make invisible on my cheeks, and that there were some flaky patches too. But when the Clinique lady in Selfridges, Birmingham, pointed out that I needed more moisture in my base, I started to wonder if I had been settling for 'better the devil you know' for too long instead of exploring some of the innovative new products on the market. My first stop on this exciting cosmetic quest was No. 7's new Lift & Luminate, priced at £15 and marketed as 'a facial in a foundation'. Hmm, I thought, it's hypoallergenic, a liquid for extra moisture, and a nice shade, so I'll give it a try. Little did I reckon on returning it a few days later, complaining that it was clammy, sticky, and irritating (and not just to my nerves). It seems this foundation lark isn't half as easy as I expected. My next product test will be Max Factor's Lasting Performance, priced at £9.45. I have my reservations about the colour, but will let you know how I get on...

1 comment:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers