3.11.2010

Magazine Review - LOOK 15th March 2010

Morning! So, for my first magazine review, I'm going to talk about my absoloute favourite fashion mag, the weekly publication 'LOOK'. I discovered this fab magazine a couple of years ago and have bought nearly every issue since. They manage to get the right balance between celeb gossip, celeb fashion and 'normal people' fashion and beauty. 

So this week:
  • 'This Week We Need': Loving the Accessorize spring drop, the mix of coral and gold on chunky jewellery really meets the tribal trend, and the ethnic beaded flip-flops are the perfect blend of casual and embellishment.
  • 'All the Dresses': Reese Witherspoon looks stunning in her fuschia Vera Wang dress. Nice to be reading about her style rather than her dramatic weight loss.
  • Hmm, getting a bit sick of hearing about Cheryl and Ashley Cole and the 'are they aren't they' getting back together saga. What they need is some privacy to work things out. Not too convinced by her 'talking t-shirt' choices either...
  • So impressed that a top fashion mag is featuring ASOS's new Curve range for sizes 20-26. Although I wouldn't be able to wear these pieces, it's brilliant that larger women aren't being marginalised. Well done ASOS! 
  • 'Multitasking Maxis': A fantastic article. I've just bought my first ever maxi dress from Miss Selfridge and can't wait to be able to wear it. Great to have some styling tips.
  • 'The Six Types of Single Guy': Interesting feature. I suppose it's good to get an insight into men's minds, but do all guys fall into these categories? Could cause a lot of crossed wires.
  • 'High Street Hottest': As usual, a wide selection of the High Street's best new collections. Loving Topshop's cupcake jumper.
  • '85 Best Tops on the High Street': Not that impressed by their selection. The categories are spot on, but I'm sure I could have picked nicer Embroidered tops than these.
  • 'Beauty Trends of the Week': Very excited about Curlformers. I've just ordered a 'Long and Wide' Starter Pack, so will keep you updated on how they work. Check out http://www.curlformers.com/ if you can't wait.
Overall, a great issue. I suppose I'm always going to find some pages irrelevant, but this issue is still value for money. Stay tuned for next week's review, as well as other mag's in the meantime.

Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers