4.06.2010

A cut above the rest

It doesn't matter how super stylish your outfit is, how sky scraping your heels or how immaculately applied you make-up might be, if your hair resembles a particularly disarranged bird's nest you're never going to look your on trend best. I was so sick of my regular trips to the hairdresser I'd gone to since I could walk, asking for something fresh and innovative each time yet coming away looking exactly the same as when I went in, that I was determined to take my business elsewhere. My chosen salon was Vidal Sassoon in Nottingham, and my stylist Sarah, and from the second I arrived I knew this was going to be an altogether different experience to what I had previously settled for. I turned up for my initial appointment with my fragrance free hair products, a quirk which was handled without even a raised eyebrow, and sat down to a consultation about what it was I was looking for. Sarah immediately understood that what I wanted most of all was body and lift for my limp and lifeless tresses, and suggested a much shorter style that was graduated at the back and slightly longer at the front. I was more than happy to try anything, so let them get to work. My hair was washed skillfully using my products, then cut with extreme precision whilst we chatted about all sorts of things. The end result surpassed even my high expectations. The back of my hair had such volume and definition that it looked like I'd had the thickness doubled with hair extensions, and the angular shape was so flattering it really framed my face. Delighted, I've since been back for a second appointement and will now be a client for life. Oh, and the 20% student discount doesn't half help! So if your hair's stuck in a rut, give them a try. With salons all over the UK there's bound to be one near you.

http://www.sassoon.com/

Lou x

2 comments:

  1. Heyyy,it's Kate from your course at Uni :) Great blog, I love the Miss Selfridge shorts you had above! Just wondering how much exactly your hair was, because I'm desperate for a decent hairdresser in Notts! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate! Thanks so much for commenting, I really want to get more followers. Yeah, I live in these shorts, but no way would I wear them without tights! My hair cuts are around £47 with the 20% student discount, and Sarah is amazing. Glad you like the blog, I haven't had time to post for a while because of all our work! x

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers