4.11.2010

Stop the search!

After weeks of fruitlessly searching far and wide (ok, a few quick looks in John Lewis), I have finally found THE handbag to live up to my ultimate dreams of a spring carry all that exudes laid back style, but can easily accommodate the kitchen sink and will go with whatever outfit I concoct each morning. Phew! I was initially looking for a cream / caramel / tan shade, the key bag trends for summer, preferrably in a satchel style, but after a while I realised that while the IT bags have their good points, a handbag is something you have to lug around day in day out and has to work for you. The flap over on satchel bags would drive me mad when I'm at the front of a 10 strong Topshop queue trying to dig out both my debit and student cards whilst balancing a dress over one arm and a clutching pair of heels in the other.  And neutral tones are all well and good, but what if I bought a cream bag and then wanted to wear a white maxi? So when I was jeans shopping in French Connection on Friday and spotted this stunning black studded shoulder bag with tassels (another key trend), I decided to blank out the £80 price tag and snap it up. And whilst I've only been using it for two days, I'm already in love. Unlike my previous bag, where everything had to be lined up in single file before the zip would fasten, I can throw the assorted contents of my daily life into this fabulous bag haphazardly. The grey lining is effortlessly cool, the zip holds my valuables, the sides are expandable with press-studs, and the studs add that rocky edge to any floral dress. I LOVE IT!!! Oh, and I did manage to find both an immensely flattering pair of skinny jeans and some tummy-skimming leggings too. I'll just have to screen calls from the bank for a little while...

Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers