4.25.2010

Elemis Skin Specific Facials @ SAKS Hair & Beauty

For months, I've been driven to frustration by my unresponsive skin, which, no matter how vigorously I cleanse, scrub, moisturise or massage in anger, refuses to work with me to achieve the model perfect base I so desire. I've tried more mainstream products than you can shake a stick at, in more combinations than the code on the Bank of England safe, yet my skin remains sensitive, red, blotchy and irritable, with dry cheeks, an oily t-zone, and the most stubborn blackheads I have ever had the misfortune to tangle with. That's why, when I found a 50% off voucher in Grazia magazine a couple of weeks ago, I immediately booked an appointment for a rigorous professional facial at my local branch of SAKS. At £70 for the full works, it's a bit steep without a discount, but by gum was it worth it. My therapist, Nina, talked through all of my skin concerns before commencing an hour long ritual of cleanse, tone, enzyme mask and moisturise, all using ELEMIS products from their sensitive range. Rounded off with a head, neck and shoulder massage, the experience in itself was the ultimate relaxation. But the products themselves were the biggest shock. I had always assumed that nothing on earth could justify price tags of £19-£42 for skincare (you may gasp in horror), but my skin feels completely rejuvenated. I will admit to a little itchiness on my super-dry cheeks, but I've always experienced this with products and it tends to fade with use. Not sure I'll be splashing out on the whole range just yet, but I'll definitely be back for another treatment. Pamper-tastic!

Lou x

http://www.saks.co.uk/beauty-face-body.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers