4.22.2010

Double Denim - To do or not to do?

So double denim is now a major fashion trend for spring / summer '10. Hmmmm. That's all I can say really. It's not as if I'm opposed to radical flash trends that we'll all look back in in 6 months time and cringe, wondering what we were all thinking as sane, style savvy adults. But surely in fashion there are sacred laws that must never be broken? And for me, wearing more than one denim item at once is pretty criminal. So when I saw a double page spread in GRAZIA magazine, a mag I usually align with 'High' fashion, above the reach of us mere Topshop loving mortals, I was more than a bit surprised. Entitled 'Four Ways to Wear... the new denim', this feature suggests pairing pale denim jeans with a similar shade of denim shirt, ripped shorts with a frayed waistcoat, and a button-up skirt with a denim bra top. So if fashion's elite are getting in on the act, maybe it's time to give it a try. I'm currently on the look out for a chunky denim waistcoat to add a rocky vibe to my FCUK jeans. Will let you know what reaction I get from that particular combo...

Lou x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your comment.

    I love your holey cardi too and I love your styling tips you have a very cool blog I will be back xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers